Social Media and Search specialist
Hawthorn is looking for a Digital Consultant (Social Media and Search specialist), who can create optimised written content for a range of different digital channels ranging from corporate websites and newsletters to social media channels.
We expect exceptional copy writing skills, and a working understanding of how to create channel-optimised content. You will work across a range of different sectors, with corporates, consumer brands, charities, and individuals. As Digital Consultant, you will manage day-to-day running of accounts and oversee editorial planning, working collaboratively with your client team.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a content, marketing, or comms role either in-house or at an agency. They will first and foremost enjoy writing, but also have a keen understanding and interest in Search Engine Marketing (SEM), digital content optimisation tactics, and paid-for digital tactics.
This individual would be expected to lead junior members of the team, as well as working with Directors in the digital team to keep growing and up selling our services. You will work across a range of sectors including Financial Services, Technology & Media, Energy & Transition and Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences.
- Copywriting for digital channels; including both long-form and short-form writing
- Running social media and search ads to help clients achieve their business objectives
- Liaising with clients to gather content, and overseeing rounds of feedback and approval
- Editorial planning and content calendar management
- Publishing content on websites, blogs, and social media channels
- Community management of digital communities on social media
- Briefing and working with our designer to create visual and audio content
- Running social media ad campaigns
- Creating reports on channel, content, and campaign performance
- Conducting digital and social audits, for existing or new clients
- Supporting new business pitching, and writing proposals
- Upselling Hawthorn’s digital and content offering to exiting clients
- A minimum of 2 years working in a content or social media role, either in-house or at an agency
- Excellent writing ability demonstrated across a variety of formats
- Working knowledge of SEO, and content optimisation for various social channels
- Proficient use of social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite or SproutSocial
- Basic working knowledge of website CMSs, such as WordPress
- Experience running or supporting on paid social and search campaigns (preferred, but not essential)
- Basic familiarity with media editing software such as Canva or PhotoShop
- Ideally, experience in day-to-day management of professional social media accounts
- Good communication skills, and confidence in dealing with clients, suppliers, and creatives
At Hawthorn, we put the client and our people at the heart of everything we do. We give our colleagues the freedom and autonomy to do whatever they can to help our clients achieve great things. We work hard, love a challenge, have big ideas, and plenty of fun along the way. If you’re looking for a place that values curiosity, creativity, and ambition; want interesting, diverse, and challenging work; have a desire to learn, and if you’re seeking big thinkers who love to collaborate, then Hawthorn could be the place for you.
Building an inclusive culture is vital to our future. We are the sum of our parts and believe the best way to drive collaboration, unlock creativity, and enable innovation is through combining diverse perspectives, experiences, and ideas. We’re committed to building a diverse and equitable company where everyone feels they belong.
Attributes of a Hawthorn team member
- Rigorous thinker with creative flair.
- Self-starter with a desire to proactively build networks and make things happen.
- Focused on delivering positive change, both internally and externally.
- Team player who is always on hand to support colleagues at all levels in the business.
- Energetic, hardworking, and excited by the challenge of a fast-growing company.
- Intellectually curious with big picture perspective on what communications can achieve for clients.
- Passionate about helping colleagues to thrive and achieve their potential.
- Benefits including Pension, Salary Sacrifice, medical and life insurance, plus cycle to work and technology schemes.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Time-off including annual, parental, sabbatical, and volunteering leave.
- 25 days annual leave in year one, 26 days thereafter.
- Annual charity day where an employee can volunteer their time to a chosen charity of their choice.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth.
- Proactive wellbeing support including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), sick leave provision, mental health first-aiders, and menopause app Peppy.
- Office perks including snacks and drinks.
- A packed social calendar which includes sports and cultural activities, charity bike rides, plus not-to-be missed summer and Christmas parties each year.